mongo-scala-driver deprecation

Alexander Azarov

Jan 20, 2012, 3:38:15 AM1/20/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
This is the official announcement: mongo-scala-driver is deprecated.

This project was started in 2009 to power the company's (Osinka) projects and has been open-sourced to give an impetus to further development. Later 10gen payed due attention to Scala and has started sponsoring the development of Casbah, which is an official Scala driver.

As my company projects evolve, I found our requirements for Scala-MongoDB interaction shifted a bit. I established a new project, Subset: it's been started from scratch to account for the knowledge and experience my company learned from production use of MongoDB and Scala and to make use of existing and supported MongoDB's Java and Casbah drivers.

The project is open-sourced under Apache 2.0 license:

The plan is to release 1.0 as soon as all our internal projects migrated to Subset. mongo-scala-driver is deprecated with this announcement. This mailing list will be closed soon as well.

Regards,
Alexander Azarov