mongodb-user › Which pricing is right ? Atlas vs Document DB , which is cheaper ? Confusing data in mongodb site

Sudheer Reddy

Jan 14, 2020, 1:44:28 PM1/14/20
to mongodb-dev
Please check out the price calculated for 80GB storage 16gb RAM for 3 node replica set in atlas vs documentdb

The below price comparison given in mongodb official site doesn't make sense to me

you can see the calculations i have done in AWS pricingcalculator and in mongodb atlas pricing calculator in the attached snapshots

which is cheaper DOCUMENTDB or MONGODB ?

I see that document DB doesn't charge for backups and data transfer between replicas but Mongodb atlas charges 0.01/GB for same region and 0.02/GB for diff region even for data transfer between replica nodes

price comparison given in mongodb site .png
aws price calculator for aws documentdb.png
price calculator for mongo atlas.png