MongoDB 4.2.3 is out and is ready for production deployment. This release contains only fixes since 4.2.2, and is a recommended upgrade for all 4.2 users.
Fixed in this release:
4.2 Release Notes
- SERVER-42565 Aggregations and find commands sort missing fields differently
- SERVER-44598 Shards do not treat the IGNORED version as "intended sharded"
- SERVER-44828 Correct logic to re-compute dependencies after absorbing a $sort into query layer
- SERVER-44869 Add query knob to control memory limit for $push and $addToSet
- SERVER-44964 Calculate index build memory usage per key based on BSONObj buffer capacity, not size
- SERVER-44991 Performance regression in indexes with keys with common prefixes
- SERVER-45270 Increased vulnerability to slow DNS
- SERVER-45309 Ensure bind credentials live longer than LDAP operations
- SERVER-45396 fix the "me" field in isMaster responses when using splithorizon
- TOOLS-1952 Use --forceTableScan by default when running against WiredTiger nodes
- TOOLS-2453 Index keys not escaped correctly
- WT-5120 Checkpoint hangs when reconciliation doesn't release the eviction generation
As always, please let us know of any issues.
-- The MongoDB Team