Casbah r3.1.0 test fails

valn...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 11:26:19 PM12/17/15
to mongodb-casbah-users
Hi,

I'm trying out the latest release of the Casbah driver r3.1.0 from github.com, however, I'm getting exceptions while running the tests. e.g.

I've attached the complete output of executing "./sbt test". Below are details about the test execution environment.

OS/Arch: rhelppc64le
Java:      openjdk version "1.8.0_65"
               OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)

mongod version: 3.2.0

Scala version: Scala code runner version 2.11.7 -- Copyright 2002-2013, LAMP/EPFL

sbt version: 0.13.8

Commands used:

To start mongodb server: mongod --setParameter enableTestCommands=1

To compile casbah: ./sbt compile

To test casbah: ./sbt test

Kindly guide me on this issue.

Regards,

valnci

casbah-error.txt

Ross Lawley

Dec 18, 2015, 4:57:17 AM12/18/15
to mongodb-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valnci,

Thanks for posting on this. Unfortunately, I can't replicate the issue that you are seeing but rest assured it is a minor issue that you can ignore.

The issue is with the "casbah-commons/test:test" and the test failing is:
    dbObj.as[Double]("x") must throwA[ClassCastException](message = "java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.Double")
Which tests for an explicit error message:"java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.Double"
Your exception is slightly different: "java.lang.Integer incompatible with java.lang.Double"

I don't have openJDK on the Mac and although the Casbah test suite is run across multiple versions of Scala its not explicitly tested on different JVM implementations.  I think theres a small difference in JVM implementations giving a different error messages in this scenario and I've removed the message check for that test in the master branch.

Kind Regards,

Ross

{ name     : "Ross Lawley",
  title    : "Senior Software Engineer",
  location : "London, UK",
  twitter  : ["@RossC0", "@MongoDB"],
  facebook :"MongoDB"}

valn...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2015, 9:08:23 AM12/18/15
to mongodb-casbah-users
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the insight. I understand the scenario now. I'll checkout the master branch too.

Regards,
valnci