New tools for advocacy from Sunlight Foundation

Lindsay Ferris

Dec 9, 2014, 12:54:23 PM12/9/14
to money-politic...@googlegroups.com, sunlight-in...@googlegroups.com, lobbying-t...@googlegroups.com, OGP Civil Society group
** Apologies for cross posting**

Hi all,

In honor of International Anti-Corruption Day, Sunlight is excited to announce new tools to help increase the transparency of money in politics and the influence industry.

First, We are therefore thrilled to launch Sunlight's finalized international Lobbying Disclosure Guidelines (alongside its first translation into French), a document that is designed to help policymakers and advocates create better laws and policies around the influence industry. Our guides have evolved and grown over the last year, since we published the first draft last December and have been soliciting feedback from a larger network of transparency advocates.

Second, as part of the Money, Politics, Transparency project, we are ready for the next step and begin crafting global norms on the disclosure of political finance data. Ultimately, we hope to join with global partners to create draft political finance transparency norms that can be used as a starting point by stakeholders to improve political finance systems in their own countries — creating an informed electorate, fostering accountability and helping to curb corruption.

For more information on these initiatives, you can check out the full post here. If you’d like to be a part of the norms drafting process on political finance transparency, email intern...@sunlightfoundation.com to get in touch.

Thanks!

Lindsay

--
Lindsay Ferris
International Policy Associate | Sunlight Foundation