Looking for advice on an economic data website

Alex Peek

Jul 18, 2015, 2:39:59 AM7/18/15
to money-politic...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody I am looking for feedback on my economics website at econfactbook.org. This current website is more like an 'idea' rather than a finished product. Please check out the pages on the website because the actual data on the website is complete and a good source to find economic data. There is data for all 196 member countries of the UN.

To use the website click on one of the countries on the homepage and that will take you to that country's page. Scroll down country's page to see the following nine sections:

Summary

Industries

Employment

Corporations

Households

Government

Monetary Policy

Financial Institutions

International Accounts

The idea is that a simple structured view of the world economy is useful and leads to improved understanding. In total there are 37 statistics the website includes in the format. Econ Factbook uses data from the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, International Labor Organization, United Nations and the Maddison Project other online sources. All data has reference links at the bottom of the page.

I am looking for supporters to boost public awareness about this idea. The website certainly needs to be revamped and more user friendly. I manually built the current version of the website. I want to apply this concept to every city and state in the world as a tool to educate people. It could help local finance. The end purpose of the website is to develop a society that knows economics better and makes better democratic decisions.

I am open to whoever wants to help or has advice. Thanks