Green Audit

PAdam...@aol.com

Dec 2, 2011, 7:02:49 PM12/2/11
to monbiot...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I dont know who is still in this group, but some of you may have followed the link to Green Audit that George gave in his recent article on Chris Busby and his controversial Fukushima campaign. If you did, you will see that I was a co-founder of Green Audit way back in 1992, and that I left in 1995. I left not because of any disagreement, but because of moving away and into a new occupation.

Its a shame that Green Audit has been kept going just by Chris Busby and a few of his acolytes, and that its still dominated by his obsession on the danger of low level radiation and conspiracy theories to cover it up. What was an interesting and plausible theory back in the early 90s has not stood up to scrutiny and people should learn to move on.

In short, I agree with George that this bogus science and scaremongering do great damage to the Green movement. There is much that brilliant independant scientists like Chris Busby should be doing. Science should not be about making a reputation for oneself, but finding the truth. The search for truth leads down many blind alleys, but we should be able to learn and re-orientate on the way.

The lesson that I have learnt from this is the power of team work, and the danger of any one person becoming too dominant in an organisation. There is work to do for anyone with an interest and knowledge of what is going on in the world. All you need are organisational and communications skills plus some basic education, with the commitment and determination to see things through. You also need the humility to accept when you are wrong, and to see that when you are in a hole its time to stop digging.

As human beings, we are programmed to work in teams where the whole is much more than the sum of the parts.  There is much that Green Audit could be doing, and it starts on the doorstep. Chris Busby seems to have failed to understand this.Its ironic that George is a near neighbour of his, as are many other experienced and capable campaigners, with whom neither George nor Chris appear to have any meaningful contact with.

Patrick

tmgraphics

Dec 4, 2011, 1:57:43 PM12/4/11
to monbiot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick

I'm not sure what has happened to the group but it appears to have died a death.

David

PAdam...@aol.com

Dec 4, 2011, 5:39:50 PM12/4/11
In a message dated 04/12/2011 18:58:29 GMT Standard Time, grap...@tmprinting.ie writes:
I'm not sure what has happened to the group but it appears to have died a death.
Moribund it seems, but it still works! No new intake since the link was dropped from the website. Shame really. Some of us write on Cif though, under a cloak of anonymity - but it can be very time consuming!

Patrick