Memorial Day Ride - Gene's Ride

gunnar

May 28, 2022, 10:40:14 PM5/28/22
to MonBikeClub
It's been 20 years my friends...
Memorial Day Ride 2022

Monday, meet at the Rail Trail Amphitheater @ 0945, leave @ 1000 en masse, no one will get dropped, up to the SSG Gene Arden Vance Jr. Memorial and Falls.

Take time in your day to remember what Memorial Day is for.

Gene was killed on May 19, 2002, and would have turned 60 this year, 1962.11.30 - 2002.5.18/19.

Never forget.
Remember. Reconnect. Respect.

Gunnar.

gunnar

May 29, 2022, 9:51:11 AM5/29/22
to MonBikeClub
My continued bad,
Gene would be turning 59 this year, born in 1963.
See y'all tomorrow...

gunnar

May 31, 2022, 8:08:55 AM5/31/22
to MonBikeClub
Memorial Day Ride to Gene’s Falls -

A small but thoughtful group assembled and rode to Gene’s memorial along Deckers Creek.
New and old friends were brought into the fold and just as it should be stories were told.
Stephanie Swan, Mike Lavengood, Frank Gmeindl, Rick ?, Tom Pinto, and myself.
Tho we did see Marilyn N and then Dave P, riding separately up as we were heading back down.

We have all grown older, while the “some that gave all” remain young forever, but because of their sacrifice remain still, and we live life because of it.
Remember. Honor. Respect.

Drink dark coffee, ride bikes, and listen to surf music. For Gene…

And never forget.
#neverforget
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg