Memorial Day Ride

gunnar

May 26, 2024, 3:52:48 PMMay 26
to MonBikeClub, crcyc...@googlegroups.com
Memorial Day Ride 2024

It’s been 22 years my friends.
Monday, meet at the Rail Trail Amphitheater @ 0945, leave 1000, we will ride, up to the SSG Gene Arden Vance Jr. Memorial and Falls.

Please take time in your day to remember, reflect, and consider  what Memorial Day is for.

Gene was killed on May 19, 2002, and would have turned 61 this year, 1963.11.30 - 2002.5.18/19.

Never forget.
Remember. Reconnect. Respect.

I’ve recently broken my clavicle, so I may not be leading the ride, but Don will be there. And hopefully you.

Gunnar.

Frank Gmeindl

May 27, 2024, 3:56:52 PMMay 27
to monbi...@googlegroups.com, 'Lisa Rieser' via COUNTRY ROADS Cyclists
Today, Chris, Don, Nyles, Jack and Frank rode at a conversational pace from the Amphitheater to the Gene Vance Memorial and Falls.

The weather was perfect and the trail was in good shape but we had to traverse a few fallen trees.  Trying to bend one of the tree's branches to make it easier to get around, Don and Frank almost slingshotted Jack over the cliff!

At the Memorial we did our best to emulate Gunnar's traditional officiating by remembering Gene and all the brave people who gave their lives to ensure our safety and freedom.  We also discussed making earth more peaceful.

Then, Chris rode on and the rest of us returned to the start.

Remember, Reconnect, Respect.

4ank
IMG_7851.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7855.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6115.jpeg

Gunnar Shogren

May 28, 2024, 1:03:23 PMMay 28
to CRcyc...@googlegroups.com, monbi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Don, Frank, Niles, and Chris,

For continuing our tradition.
Good to know that we can count on one another.

Ride on friends,
Gunnar.

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 09:50 Linda Super <sup...@frontier.com> wrote:
What a great ride to celebrate the life of Gene Vance.  Thank you.