Fw: Van Voorhis Road Environmental Study

Christiaan Abildso

Dec 9, 2020, 9:10:12 PM12/9/20
to mo...@googlegroups.com, Bicycle Board, Mon Bike Club
Friends -
Please find a full report of the Van Voorhis environmental study. I've included a nice image from page 2 of the document that shows the improvements proposed for the entire length of the project. It seems a lot of new sidewalk for peds and shoulders/climbing lanes for bicycle riders have been included. I greatly appreciate that ALL public comments and responses to them are included in Appendix B of the online report. I am most excited by this response to numerous, numerous comments requesting additional sidewalk:
"UPDATE - Following the virtual public meeting, DOH has re-evaluated the proposed sidewalk design and intends to modify the plans to include a sidewalk on one side of the road from WV 705 to the northern end of this project just south of West Run Road."

Despite difficult topography, a more complete street is being created for all users.
Thank you all for your continued dedication to multimodal travel! It is rewarding to see the impact of our collective input, and DOH should be commended.

Be well,
Christiaan
Inline image