Egg beaters

4ank

Sep 19, 2022, 9:50:02 AM9/19/22
to Mon Bike Club
Does anybody have a pair of Crank Bros Egg Beater pedals that I could borrow for a few days?  I will be riding them mostly on paved roads. Since Speedplay Frog parts are no longer available, I'm searching for a good alternative pedal.
4ank

bnblawrence

Sep 19, 2022, 10:40:19 AM9/19/22
to monbi...@googlegroups.com
I have several pair you can try.

Bill

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

craig weimer

Sep 19, 2022, 10:55:52 AM9/19/22
to monbi...@googlegroups.com
I have always used time atac pedals. They’ve been great.

Craig A. Weimer DC,CCSP, DABCO
UPMC Center for Integrative Medicine.
Midtown Chiropractic

Frank Gmeindl

Sep 19, 2022, 11:33:17 AM9/19/22
to monbi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Craig!  Bill offered me some Egg Beaters so I’ll give them a try.  Thanks to Bill!

I recently purchased a pair of Crank Bros Candy 7.  They feel good but I think they’re too heavy and bulky. The Time ATAC pedals look like maybe the best of all.  They’re almost as light as the Frogs and they provide a little more support platform but not so much that they interfere with the legs when mountain and dismounting or walking the bike as I find the Candy does.

Any chance you have a spare pair and cleats that I could try?  Even though the engagement mechanisms on the Crank Bros and Time pedals looks similar, Crank Bros cleats apparently don’t work with Time ATAC pedals.

4ank

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Mon Bike Club" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/monbikeclub/6AC2CD80-0E5D-4722-92D4-7574C9EAF04C%40yahoo.com.

craig weimer