MoNav Routing Daemon 0.3 Windows compile problems

Caminos

Aug 6, 2012, 9:50:26 PM8/6/12
to monav-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to compile MoNav Routing Daemon 0.3 under Windows, but without success.

DaemonTest provides no response when tested as recommended:

usage: DaemonTest data-directory latitude1 longitude1 latitude2 longitude2 [...latitudeN longitudeN]
        computes a route
using between the specified waypoints

The MoNav Daemon provides no response when used as recommended:

usage: MoNavD -i | -install
        installs the service
usage
: MoNavD -u | -uninstall
        uninstalls the service
usage
: MoNavD -t | -terminate
        terminates the service
usage
: MoNavD -v | -version
        displays version
and status

Is it possible that the daemon source code 0.3 has never been compiled under Windows?

Does anyone know of any issues, or alternative strategies that will allow me to extract route data from the MoNav map routing files (for use in programs other than MoNav).

The reason I'm persevering is that MoNav is just so damn good as a routing solution!

Christian Vetter

Aug 9, 2012, 3:00:11 AM8/9/12
to monav-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You are correct, we never tried to build the daemon for Windows.
However, it is not using anything OS-specific, so it should work fine,
once you have it building successfully.

You can try the following things:
- Make sure the shell has admin rights when installing the daemon
- You might have to copy Qt DLLs manually according to
http://qt-project.org/faq/answer/why_doesnt_my_service_created_with_qtservice_start
. The folder the service is installed to should be something like
C:\Windows\System32

Best regards,

Christian

Caminos

Aug 9, 2012, 4:18:39 AM8/9/12
to monav-...@googlegroups.com
 Many thanks Christian.

I've managed to get the daemon running, so that's great. Next up I'll work on the test program.

I'll place details here when I'm all done.

Regards,

Stephen