Ready-Made Binaries for Symbian?

Shammat

May 22, 2011, 6:22:30 PM5/22/11
to MoNav
Hi,

I am using a Nokia C5-00 and would like to ask if there are any
compiled binaries available for that? (ready to be installed on my
device)

Thanks
Thomas

Christian Vetter

May 22, 2011, 6:28:46 PM5/22/11
to monav-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Shammat <CAJWED...@spammotel.com> wrote:
> I am using a Nokia C5-00 and would like to ask if there are any
> compiled binaries available for that? (ready to be installed on my
> device)

Currently we do not offer precompiled Symbian binaries. While I intend
to work on that in the coming weeks, MoNav will always require a
touchscreen / mouse / pointing device. To me it looks like this means
that you won't be able to use it on your C5-00, or am I mistaken?

Best Regards,

Christian Vetter

Windtlker

Jul 8, 2011, 3:21:40 PM7/8/11
to MoNav
Hello everybody,

I am very interested in your project and in making it for Symbian as
well. I have a Nokia N8, a touch screen phone with the new Symbian^3.
If you will be able to finish a package for Symbian, I would be really
happy to use it, the default Ovi Maps does not include even close to
all the countries.

Many thanks for the interesting project, and may you all have the best
summer,

Karri

On 23 touko, 01:28, Christian Vetter <veaac.fdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Christoph Eckert

Jul 11, 2011, 3:41:18 PM7/11/11
to monav-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I am very interested in your project and in making it for Symbian as
> well. I have a Nokia N8, a touch screen phone with the new Symbian^3.
> If you will be able to finish a package for Symbian, I would be really
> happy to use it, the default Ovi Maps does not include even close to
> all the countries.
>
> Many thanks for the interesting project, and may you all have the best
> summer,

I have overhauled the user interface to meet common guidelines. However, it
now use the "Maemo and all the others" approach. Before thinking of support
for Android, Symbian and the like, we first need an infrastructure (maybe a set
of preprocessor rules) to distinguish between more platforms.

Just my two cents.

--
Beste Grüße,
Best regards,