Mobile Widget Event

1 view

Geoff Ballinger

Aug 13, 2009, 8:11:54 AM8/13/09
to MoMoEdinburgh
The September MoMo Edinburgh (12:30-14:30 on 31st August for various
reasons!) will be a little different in a numbers of ways. It is our
first themed event, our first sponsored event, and our first event
with visiting speakers.

Our theme will be "Mobile Widgets" which nicely dovetails with our
recurring theme of mobile apps vs mobile web apps. Mobile widget
systems typically allow the development of mini applications using
standard browser technologies but with the ability to directly access
phone features in various ways.

Our guests are from the Open Mobile Terminal Platform standards body,
whose BONDI project (http://bondi.omtp.org) is focused on establishing
a standard and secure way of providing access to phone features from
javascript.

The OMTP CTO Nick Allott (http://www.omtp.org/About/DisplayStaffB.aspx?
id=6e8d2706-8c65-4892-b534-d78ba813beea&type=People-Management) is
confirmed as attending, and a second high profile speaker will be
confirmed in due course.

The lunch will follow our usual informal discussion format, and our
guests will introduce the topic of mobile widgets and give a brief
overview of BONDI.

The sponsorship has allowed us to reduce the price down to £5.78, and
will also allow us to upgade the menu a little - details tbc.

This event is likely to sell out so I suggest people get their places
booked in good time over on Amiando:

http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiSept09.html

association with Wireless Innovation (http://www.innovationcentre.org/
wireless/).

PS. As well as attending MoMoEdi the OMTP guys are also running a
Mobile Barcamp on the evening of Thursday 3rd September:
http://barcamp.org/MobileCampEdinburgh

Geoff

Aug 14, 2009, 7:21:07 AM8/14/09
to MoMoEdinburgh
Wow - half the places are taken already - will need to get back to
Centotre and see how many they can squeeze in at a push. Kind regards,

Geoff.

Jim Evans

Aug 14, 2009, 7:44:55 AM8/14/09
to momoed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff.

Looks good. A real shame that its running on a Bank Holiday.
Any chance for those of us who can't make it, getting some sort of notes preso up afterwards?

Cheers
Jim

Geoff Ballinger

Aug 14, 2009, 7:50:51 AM8/14/09
to momoed...@googlegroups.com
Jim Evans wrote:
> Looks good. A real shame that its running on a Bank Holiday.
> Any chance for those of us who can't make it, getting some sort of notes
> preso up afterwards?

Only date they could make unfortunately - tied in to their week long
codefest event. There won't be any formal presentation per se but most
likely either Richard or I will blog about it afterwards. Cheers,

Geoff.

> 2009/8/14 Geoff <ge...@geoffballinger.co.uk
> <mailto:ge...@geoffballinger.co.uk>>
>

> Wow - half the places are taken already - will need to get back to
> Centotre and see how many they can squeeze in at a push. Kind regards,
>
> Geoff.
>
> On 13 Aug, 13:11, Geoff Ballinger <ge...@geoffballinger.co.uk
> <mailto:ge...@geoffballinger.co.uk>> wrote:
> > The September MoMo Edinburgh (12:30-14:30 on 31st August for various
> > reasons!) will be a little different in a numbers of ways. It is our
> > first themed event, our first sponsored event, and our first event
> > with visiting speakers.
> >
> > Our theme will be "Mobile Widgets" which nicely dovetails with our
> > recurring theme of mobile apps vs mobile web apps. Mobile widget
> > systems typically allow the development of mini applications using
> > standard browser technologies but with the ability to directly access
> > phone features in various ways.
> >
> > Our guests are from the Open Mobile Terminal Platform standards body,
> > whose BONDI project (http://bondi.omtp.org
> <http://bondi.omtp.org/>) is focused on establishing

Adrian Williamson

Aug 14, 2009, 8:49:53 AM8/14/09
to momoed...@googlegroups.com
Apologies from me this time :-( London and Cambridge instead ...

Kind regards

Adrian

Aug 28, 2009, 5:32:15 AM8/28/09
to MoMoEdinburgh
I have released a further 5 tickets on Amiando for any last minute
takers. Once those are sold that will be that.

Kind regards,

Geoff.