June Event - Upwardly Mobile? - Monday 7th June

Geoff Ballinger

May 13, 2010, 9:24:01 AM5/13/10
to MoMoEdinburgh
For our next event we are delighted to welcome Phil Adams of Blonde
(http://www.blonde.net/) who will give us his personal view on how
advertisers view all things mobile, within the context of how they see
all things digital. Are they as excited about the possibilities as
we'd like them to be? Opinions based on his 19 years in advertising
(including two as Chairman of the Scottish IPA - Institute of
Practitioners in Advertising), and 3 years in digital marketing.

For everybody in mobile who sells or aspires to sell their work into
advertising and brand marketing this will be an extremely useful
insight into the other side of the fence. Phil is also an all round
sound bloke who is never short of an opinion - recommended!

The event will follow our usual pattern over a Milano Lunch in the
downstairs "boardroom" at Centotre on George Street in Edinburgh.

Bookings are via Amiando as usual:

http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiJune10.html

Geoff.

Geoff Ballinger

Jun 1, 2010, 8:31:59 AM6/1/10
to MoMoEdinburgh
Less than a week to go until the next MoMo Edinburgh - a must-see for
anybody in mobile who sells or is considering selling products or
services into the brand marketing and advertising space. Come and hear
how marketeers view mobile, and what kinds of things they will be
looking for when making their buying decisions.

Please signup via Amiando as usual:

http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiJune10.html

Look forward to seeing you all on Monday. Kind regards,

Geoff.

Geoff Ballinger

Jun 4, 2010, 6:04:42 AM6/4/10
to MoMoEdinburgh
Still a small number of places remaining for this. Please do book asap
if you want to come. I need to close booking and confirm numbers with
the venue in good time.

http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiJune10.html

For a little background on Phil and Blonde see:

http://twitter.com/Phil_Adams
http://philadams.tumblr.com/
http://www.blonde.net/

Phil is also 1/5th of the Ambeciles:

http://mongolrally10.theadventurists.com/index.php?mode=teamwebsites&name=the-ambeciles

Cheers,

Geoff.

Phil Adams

Jun 7, 2010, 12:04:25 PM6/7/10
to MoMoEdinburgh
Dear all

Thanks for coming along to hear what I had to say this lunchtime.

I'm definitely no mobile expert, but I hope that some of what I shared
about advertiser attitudes to mobile was useful.

In that spirit here is the link to the full client survey results on
Slideshare.

http://www.slideshare.net/blondedigital/small-scale-survey-of-advertiser-attitudes-to-mobile-marketing

As mentioned earlier, beware the allure of charts based on percentages
when the sample size was only 20 people. Hopefully the verbatim
than I was able to impart on my feet earlier.

As Geoff kindly mentioned in his previous note on this thread, I am
one fifth of The Ambeciles, a team of people taking part in this
Summer's Mongol Rally.

If that statement piques your interest, you can find out more about us
here - http://www.theambeciles.com/

Even if it doesn't I'd be really grateful if you could add to our fan
base on Facebook by liking our page - http://www.facebook.com/TheAmbeciles.

And I'd be thrilled if you felt moved to donate to our charity
partner, The Sick Kids Friends Foundation, at our JustGiving link -
http://www.justgiving.com/TheAmbeciles

Thank you.

Phil

On 4 June, 11:04, Geoff Ballinger <ge...@geoffballinger.co.uk> wrote:
> Still a small number of places remaining for this. Please do book asap
> if you want to come. I need to close booking and confirm numbers with
> the venue in good time.
>
> http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiJune10.html
>
> For a little background on Phil and Blonde see:
>
> http://twitter.com/Phil_Adamshttp://philadams.tumblr.com/http://www.blonde.net/
>
> Phil is also 1/5th of the Ambeciles:
>
> http://mongolrally10.theadventurists.com/index.php?mode=teamwebsites&...

Geoff Ballinger

Jun 8, 2010, 12:27:25 PM6/8/10
to MoMoEdinburgh
Thanks for that Phil. I have tried to capture some of the themes of
the presentation and discussion on my blog at
http://blog.geoffballinger.co.uk/2010/06/what-do-marketeers-look-for-in-mobile.html
- apologies in advance to those I have misrepresented and/or omitted!

Geoff.