What amino acid modifications do the codes in the Mutate/Extended Amino Acid menu refer to?

MolSoft ICM Knowledge Base

Mar 28, 2017, 4:08:54 PM3/28/17
to MolSoft ICM Knowledge Base
Question:
I want to mutate a protein residue to a non-standard amino acid. I see the right click option Advanced/Mutate Extended Amino Acid - which modifications do the codes refer to?

Answer:
You can make a mutation as described here http://www.molsoft.com/gui/mutation.html The codes are as described at the Protein Data Bank Ligand Expo website here: http://ligand-expo.rcsb.org/ If the modification is not in the list you can make your own using the modify option described here http://www.molsoft.com/gui/modify-amino-acid.html