Script to add linker region between two PDB structures.

Andrew Orry

Apr 14, 2017, 6:31:53 PM4/14/17
to MolSoft ICM Knowledge Base
Here is a script to add a linker region between two PDB structures.

# copy and paste into the terminal window
# in this example the first object is an nmr model so we just want the first conformation
TOOLS.pdbReadNmrModels="first"
# read in the PDB files
read pdb "2L00"
read pdb "2xe0"

# delete everything except for the first subunit in each pdb or the subunit you want to join by a linker
delete a_2L00.!a
delete a_2xe0.!a

# make a 3D peptide of 2xe0 and 2l00 with the linker sequence in between. In this example we have used 5 times Ala (AAAAA)

build string IcmSequence( Sequence( a_2.1  )//Sequence("AAAAA")//Sequence( a_1.1  ) )

# now we are going to thread the peptide onto the pdb structure of 2L00

set tether align a_ a_1.1
 minimize tether
delete tether

# now we are going to thread the rest of the peptide onto the strcutrre of 2xe0

 set tether align a_ a_2.1
 minimize tether

# now we are going to optimize the linker region

vwMethod = "soft"
minimize v_/153:157

# assign secondary structure
assign sstructure a_def.a1