Server License Error - lmgrd has not been started yet

Andrew Orry

Aug 31, 2021, 11:50:45 AM8/31/21
to MolSoft ICM Knowledge Base
Q. I have a floating license on a server - I get this error message when I try to run ICM.
Cannot connect to license server system. The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been stared yet.
A.
On the server restart lmgrd

On Linux the default command is (the actual path to lmgrd and license.dat might different)

/usr/local/flexlm/lmgrd -c /usr/local/flexlm/license.dat

On Windows you need to open command line console and run similar command

c:\flexlm\lmgrd.exe -c c:\flexlm\license.dat