DO loop with a.u. instead of ANG?

CLAIRE

Dec 3, 2021, 2:50:20 AM12/3/21
to molpro-user
Is it possible to specify different unit in do loop?

I have a loop:
DR=0.05
DO R=0,50,DR,ANG

where I change a bond-length by R each iteration.  Can I make DR and R in units of a.u. instead of angstrom?  Is there a built-in AU I can specify, or do I need to divide by values manually to convert?

Thanks!

Hans-Joachim Werner

Dec 3, 2021, 3:26:22 AM12/3/21
to CLAIRE, molpro-user
if you don't give r and dr a unit they they will be in au (and of course remove ANG from the do statement). But if r,dr have unit ANG beforehand you can specify „bohr“ to force au:

r=0 ang
dr=0.05 ang
do r=0,10,dr bohr
show r