MRCI calculation

behnam nikoobakht

May 14, 2024, 3:08:38 PMMay 14
to molpr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Molpro users,

I am trying to compute the excitation energy of IO2 using MRCI methods for several lower states. The energies that I got for these states are below 2 eV, which are not right . I attached the output file. I would appreciate it if you can kindly give a hint.

Thank you,
Behnam
io2.mrci

Peterson, Kirk

May 15, 2024, 11:58:21 AMMay 15
to behnam nikoobakht, molpr...@googlegroups.com

Dear Behnam,

some comments on your input:

a) you chose a DK contracted basis set for Iodine but not for O.  You should also use aug-cc-pVTZ-DK for O.

b) just choosing a relativistically contracted basis set does not automatically turn on a relativistic Hamiltonian. Before you call the hf program you should include   "dkho=2"

c) I would recommend using "closed" rather than "frozen" in your multi step

regards,

-Kirk

From: molpr...@googlegroups.com <molpr...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of behnam nikoobakht <bniko...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 at 12:08 PM
To: molpr...@googlegroups.com <molpr...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [molpro-user] MRCI calculation

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

behnam nikoobakht

May 16, 2024, 9:11:58 AMMay 16
to Peterson, Kirk, molpr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kirk,

Thank you for your email and comments. I tried them and still it gives excited state energies below 2 eV.
The new output is attached.

Behnam
io2.out

Peterson, Kirk

May 16, 2024, 10:09:23 AMMay 16
to behnam nikoobakht, molpr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Behnam,

it could simply be your geometry. Your bond lengths look quite long and the angle a bit short.  You might want to refer to the attached paper (assuming you don't already have it).

regards,

-Kirk

Mol_Phys_2010_Peterson.pdf