a question about the output of an MP4 calculation

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Bradley Welch

unread,
Oct 7, 2026, 3:57:21 AM (3 days ago) Oct 7
to molpro-user
All 

I am using Molpro 2025.4. I am attempting to perform an MP4 with no triples calculation. After the RHF calculation I get the following output as expected

PROGRAM * UMP4 (Unrestricted open-shell)     Authors: H.-J. Werner, 2001


Once it is done it outputs the following. Has MP4 been depreciated? QCISD is going to have some higher order terms that MP4(SDQ) wouldn't have. Do I need to use a UHF reference instead of RHF? 

  Reference energy                  -9674.797415244373
  UQCISD singles energy                -0.001941993262
  UQCISD pair energy                   -0.695680629015
  UQCISD correlation energy            -0.697622622276

 !RHF-UQCISD energy                 -9675.495037866649

peterso...@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 8, 2026, 1:34:21 AM (2 days ago) Oct 8
to Bradley Welch, molpro-user
Brad,

this is an odd result/bug, but seems to occur from using HF rather than UHF orbitals.  Please specify UHF for the orbital part and it should work fine.

best wishes,

-Kirk

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "molpro-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to molpro-user...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/molpro-user/b0f30b24-c353-49c0-a379-76ec058970a0n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages