Mollify How to set mail notifications?

sarabartri...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2012, 7:55:45 AM11/26/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com
I want mollify to notify me (admin) each time users upload a file. I've changed "enable_mail_notification" => TRUE, and tried two differents options: put emails on all users (with edit user tool), just put email on admin user. But none of those were working.

Samuli Järvelä

Nov 29, 2012, 5:02:43 AM11/29/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
You have to set up notifications in the admin tool, there you can define what happens on different events.

sarabartri...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2012, 1:11:09 PM11/30/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
Sorry about the question, but how do I do that? I've got version 1.8.9.3. I login as admin, and I only see three menus on my left: published folders, users and groups. I see I can put an email when I create a user. I've tried to put an email to user 1 and an email to admin, login as user 1 and upload a file, but I don't get any notification.

El dijous 29 de novembre de 2012 11:02:43 UTC+1, Samuli Järvelä va escriure:

Samuli Järvelä

Dec 1, 2012, 9:13:33 AM12/1/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
I suppose you haven't then installed notificator plugin (http://code.google.com/p/mollify/wiki/NotificatorPlugin), start with that

sarabartri...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2012, 10:53:29 AM12/1/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
Thanks for your quick reply and for the link. I didn't noticed that this plugin was missing.

So, I have added $PLUGINS = array("Notificator" => array() ); to my configuration.php folder, "enable_mail_notification" => TRUE, to my settings.class.php and I have run Mollify updater after adding the previous mentioned configuration. Now it displays the notificator menu in my admin tool and I can configure everything, but I still don't get any notification in my email account.

El dissabte 1 de desembre de 2012 15:13:33 UTC+1, Samuli Järvelä va escriure:

Samuli Järvelä

Dec 2, 2012, 7:44:08 AM12/2/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
You should set debug logging on, and then look for any errors in the log. Notificator uses PHP mail function (http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php), so it is possible that your server does not allow sending mail.

Samuli Järvelä

Dec 2, 2012, 7:48:12 AM12/2/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
And by the way, you are _not_ supposed to edit Settings.class.php.

All settings are defined in configuration.php, for example:

$SETTINGS = array(
    "enable_mail_notification" => TRUE,
    "mail_notification_from" => "admin@yourserver",
    ... //your other settings
);

$PLUGINS = array(
    "Notificator" => array(),
    ... //your other plugins
);

sarabartri...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2012, 4:18:17 PM12/2/12
to moll...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! I just put all settings in configuration.php, left settings.class.php as in the beginning and everything is working properly.

El diumenge 2 de desembre de 2012 13:48:12 UTC+1, Samuli Järvelä va escriure:

overs...@googlemail.com

Feb 9, 2015, 10:46:27 AM2/9/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com, sarabartri...@gmail.com
thx....youre the MAN!!