Problem installing - Is installation being blocked.

pe...@pewe.co.uk

Jan 16, 2015, 4:56:52 PM1/16/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to install Mollify on a hosted server.
I have uploaded a config file which contains all the relevant database detail but when I point my browser to the install directory all I get is a blank page - no error messages displayed.

How can I determine what is going wrong (there are no error logs available on the server).

Samuli Järvelä

Jan 19, 2015, 2:41:49 AM1/19/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com, pe...@pewe.co.uk
Did you run installer?

If you really don't have error logs in your server, for me it sounds like it's really not meant for installing own stuff.

You could get more info by
1) checking browser errors
2) checking browser response for the AJAX requests
3) setting custom error log file

$CONFIGURATION = array(

...,

"debug" => TRUE,

"debug_log" => "/mollify/debug.log", // CHANGE THIS

);

But here it's important that the location must be writable, and you should use absolute path if possible.