Authenticated SMTP mailer

mklausb...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 3:26:13 PM3/19/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to activate the authenticated smtp mailer in mollify. I see the example files under vendor. But I cannot find the file that needs to be modified with the smtp data such as

$mail->Host = "mail.yourhost.com";
$mail->Username = "ad...@yourhost.com";
$mail->Password = "password";

when I added this information in the configuration.php according to

"mail_sender_class" => "mail/PHPMailerSender.class.php",
"mail_smtp" => array("host" => "mail.yourhost.com","username" => "ad...@mail.yourhost.com","password" => "password","secure" => TRUE),

I get a request error when I use the 'forgot passowrd' button on the login page.

Does anyone have an idea on how to integrate the authenticated smtp mailer (PHPMailer) into molligy?

Thanks for your help.

- Mike

Samuli Järvelä

Mar 26, 2015, 7:11:40 AM3/26/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com
I added wiki page to https://github.com/sjarvela/kloudspeaker/wiki/Mail (as Mollify will be Kloudspeaker soon)

Could you check your error log if there is some explanation? Also try using "secure" => "tls" or "ssl" (or none if you don't want to use secure connection)

And of course, you really need to use real values, I hope these "mail.yourhost.com" etc are just for example...

mklausb...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 9:23:54 AM3/26/15
to moll...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, smtp authentication now works!

The wiki page was very helpful.

- Mike -