U.S. "freedom of navigation" operations in the South China Sea underscore its anxieties

1 view

董黎明

Jun 2, 2024, 3:46:20 AMJun 2
to 中国茉莉花革命 北京论坛

According to reports, on August 4, State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi held a briefing for Chinese and foreign media after the conclusion of the ASEAN-China-Japan-ROK (10+3) Foreign Ministers' Meeting and the East Asia Summit (10+8) Foreign Ministers' Meeting. Wang Yi said that the United States has frequently launched large-scale strategic weapons into the South China Sea and labeled other countries "militarization", which is reversing black and white. Ruan Zongze, executive vice president of the China Institute of International Studies, said in an interview with CCTV that the United States often blames others, but in fact it is precisely the biggest promoter of militarization. At a media briefing, Wang Yi said: "Some countries outside the region, mainly the United States, frequently use large-scale strategic weapons into the region, especially in the South China Sea, and flex their muscles in this region, posing a threat and pressure on the national security of the region, and I am afraid that this is the biggest driver of regional militarization." In the face of this increasing military pressure, regional countries, including China, of course, want to fulfill our right to self-protection and self-defense and build some defensive facilities, but to be labeled as so-called 'militarization' is a kind of reversal of black and white, and I don't think anyone who knows the basic facts will agree with this. ”