Split versions-maven-plugin by module

Slawomir Jaranowski

Aug 18, 2022, 5:40:03 PM8/18/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am thinking about splitting versions-maven-plugin into submodules.

What advantage we will have:
 - possibility to extract api - user can create extension for eg like custom version format
 - maven reporting has many transitive dependencies for whole reporting stuff, like doxia, velocity we will split reporting goals into separate plugin

To be consistent with other plugins which has multi module structure I think about rename repository to versions, so we will hava:

- versions
  - versions-api
  - versons-maven-plugin
  - versions-report-maven-plugin
  - ....

At the first step I will simply create the first module  version-maven-plugin and rename repo, after that I will need to resolve all issues with changing site path.
In next steps we can easily create next modules.

As preparing I can release next 2.12.0 version and after that start to work on splitting.

What do you think?

--
Sławomir Jaranowski

Peter Palaga