Apache License headers in MojoHaus projects

Slawomir Jaranowski

Oct 7, 2022, 12:29:09 PM10/7/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Many MojoHaus is licenced under Apache License 2.0

In many places in code we have headers like:

/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *

Do such headers - I suppose copied somewhen from ASF projects, should be applied for MojoHaus projects?

Maybe some of standard headers should be used like:

Copyright MojoHaus and Contributors

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

Any other propositions, recommendations?

--
Sławomir Jaranowski

Mirko Friedenhagen

Oct 7, 2022, 1:45:16 PM10/7/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Slawomir,

I think you are right, the headers are a bit sloppy at mojohaus, maybe because some of Mojahaus developers are Apache developers as well.

That said I am OK with changing this but am no lawyer and do not know wether this may be done?

Regards
Mirko

Slawomir Jaranowski

Nov 30, 2022, 1:27:09 PM11/30/22
to mojohaus-dev
Hi,

I asked ASF legal:

So, I see actions:
- confirm current header for Apache 2.0 licenses, my proposition for new added files:

Copyright MojoHaus and Contributors

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

limitations under the License.

- for old files - authors should take decision if code source originated from an Apache or not and eventually take decision