build-helper Feature Request: Version prefix for released-version

Marquis Wong

Jan 10, 2023, 5:54:57 PM1/10/23
to mojohaus-dev
Hello,

I've got a feature/pull request for the build-helper plugin.

I'd like to add the functionality for the released-version goal to detect the highest incremental or minor version for a given minor/major version.

Currently, the released-version goal always returns the most recent (highest) version in the repository.

I'd like to be able to specify a "prefix" to allow me to, for example, find the highest minor version for 2.x releases, or the highest incremental version for 2.3.x releases.

I've created a PR with this functionality: https://github.com/mojohaus/build-helper-maven-plugin/pull/159 as it is pretty straightforward.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Marquis