License Maven Plugin state

František Hartman

Sep 17, 2022, 6:45:17 PM9/17/22
to mojohaus-dev
Hi,

I would like to know what's the state of the License Maven Plugin - it hasn't seen a release for over 3 years, I see some recent commits with IT fixes, but not much happening overall. Is it still maintained? Will there be a new release available?

I would like to get this PR merged (with the changes I proposed in my comment) and then have a new release of the plugin.

Who can help with that?

I had some other issues with the build on master - checkstyle has few violations, 3 integration tests fail due to some dependency version mismatch, the mvnw script doesn't work. If these need to be resolved before the release I can send PRs over the next week, just would like to be sure it will get released.

Regards,
Frantisek

Slawomir Jaranowski

Sep 19, 2022, 3:41:14 AM9/19/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm very happy that you are interested in the project and want to help.

Technically I can help with merges, but I don't have time to deeper investigate issues, so with help from contributors we can go forward.

I can also do the next release for you.

I added the GitHub action to the project ... Now the build has failed, so I need help to make it green before release.

Additional task what I see:
 - upgrade parent to the latest version, remove items which is overridden from parent, like plugins version, additional profiles
 - check Maven site building and content, eg for broken links
 - consider to remove editorconfig Maven plugin - we have already checkstyle, so one tool should be enough
 - clean up readme badges, eg replace travis by GH action
 - review current PR, issues - maybe some of them can be closed, merged

Sławomir Jaranowski

Olivier Lamy

Sep 19, 2022, 4:17:37 AM9/19/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
A few months I have started ago a PR (https://github.com/mojohaus/license-maven-plugin/pull/419/) to add gha, dependabot, release drafter etc...
but I gave up because a some issues with crlf eol etc... and then forgot about it.
The tests need some special configuration to deal with all of the crlf eol from files.
Maybe it would be good to keep working on this branch or start another branch/pr to fix it?