[VOTE] Release Plexus Classworlds version 2.7.0

Konrad Windszus

Nov 12, 2022, 1:32:15 PM11/12/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'd like to release version 2.7.0 of the Plexus Classworlds. We solved some issues: https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-classworlds/milestone/2?closed=1

Staging Repository: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/plexus-1219.
(Staging) Site: https://codehaus-plexus.github.io/plexus-classworlds/
The preliminary release notes are at https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-classworlds/releases/tag/plexus-classworlds-2.7.0.

Please vote on the release with either
[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

This release is necessary in order to implement https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7574 in Maven.

The vote is open for 72 hours and will succeed by lazy consensus.
Cheers,
Konrad

Slawomir Jaranowski

Nov 13, 2022, 6:01:41 PM11/13/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for the release.

Site generated without a reporting profile :-)
We see plexus also has such one.

By the way +1 for release.

Sławomir Jaranowski

Olivier Lamy

Nov 14, 2022, 7:08:40 PM11/14/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
sounds good (we are lazy vote +1 agreement :) ) and usually do not
even need to vote.
I don't understand why you created a release note manually whereas it
was generated automatically as draft by release drafter. (and we can’t use it
now anymore as you created a real note even before the vote passed instead
of a draft...)
would be better to just let release drafter doing the job or only
create draft release until the release is really done.
> --

Olivier Lamy

Артем Крошенинников

Nov 15, 2022, 4:55:12 AM11/15/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Just a side note as a reader & user, not a contributor:

I doubt people need endless `update GH actions stuff from version X to another Y`, this is meaningless for the dependency itself. Generating RL with updates *inside* the dependency is useful as it may influence on this library behaviour.

вт, 15 нояб. 2022 г. в 01:08, Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com>:

--
Sincerely yours,
Krosheninnikov Artem.

Olivier Lamy

Nov 15, 2022, 5:16:39 AM11/15/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Good point!
In such case PR label should be changed to one of those labels
And they will not be in RL

Konrad Windszus

Nov 18, 2022, 4:58:26 AM11/18/22
to mojohaus-dev
s.jara...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 14. November 2022 um 00:01:41 UTC+1:
Hi

Thanks for the release.

Site generated without a reporting profile :-)
We see plexus also has such one.

Thanks, fixed now. The profile was not mentioned at https://www.mojohaus.org/development/performing-a-release.html#staging-the-release therefore I missed it

Konrad Windszus

Nov 18, 2022, 5:00:36 AM11/18/22
to mojohaus-dev
Would be good to have some documentation around that. I had to manually change, because the previous release was not correctly identified (i.e. also changes done in 2.6 have been listed there, don't know why).

Konrad

Konrad Windszus

Nov 18, 2022, 5:08:06 AM11/18/22
to mojohaus-dev
Release was successful, I just pushed out to Maven Central.
Thanks for voting/testing.
Konrad

Olivier Lamy

Nov 18, 2022, 5:17:33 AM11/18/22
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 at 20:00, Konrad Windszus <konr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Would be good to have some documentation around that. I had to manually change, because the previous release was not correctly identified (i.e. also changes done in 2.6 have been listed there, don't know why).

yes this usually happen when it's the first gh release of the project.
to prevent this you can use gh cli tool with some option such: gh
release create --notes-start-tag
and so content will not be picked up before the tag passed as an argument
but now we are fine there is this "first" release to release-drafter
will use it as a starting point.