Moji shows wrong word?

Sep 28, 2010, 3:44:22 AM9/28/10
to moji
I have encountered this problem many times now, and I have tried
reinstalling but nothing works.
If I try to look up certain words, they show up as a totally different
one in the dictionary.

One example is when I looked up チケット, it showed up as 水曜 (すいよう) -
wednesday.

Why does this happen, can I change it? It's getting pretty annoying to
not get the right words when I look them up..

Gerald Vogt

Sep 28, 2010, 3:49:43 AM9/28/10
to mo...@googlegroups.com
2010/9/28 E <ellin...@gmail.com>:

> I have encountered this problem many times now, and I have tried
> reinstalling but nothing works.
> If I try to look up certain words, they show up as a totally different
> one in the dictionary.
>
> One example is when I looked up チケット, it showed up as 水曜 (すいよう) -
> wednesday.

Which OS, which Firefox version, which moji version, which
dictionaries & version?

Gerald

Sep 28, 2010, 2:18:26 PM9/28/10
to moji
I'm using Windows Vista, Firefox 3.6.10
Using the Moji that's currently up for download on the site (0.9.8)

Dictionaries I use are Japanese-English dictionary (Moji-En),
Places in Japan (Moji-J_places)
Japanese names (Moji-J_names) and
Kanji in english (Moji-Kanji-en)

I used Moji before and it worked well, though that was about six
months ago. I don't know why this started to happen.

Sep 29, 2010, 1:02:04 PM9/29/10
to moji
oh, I forgot this.

Japanese-English dictionary (Moji-En) 1.0.20100415
Places in Japan (Moji-J_places) 1.0.20071013
Japanese names (Moji-J_names) 1.0.20100415
Kanji in english (Moji-Kanji-en) 1.0.20071013

Gerald Vogt

Oct 3, 2010, 2:58:12 AM10/3/10
to moji
I can't find a problem. A while ago I have pushed out the next
dictionary files which are compatible with the next moji version. But
technically they are fully backward compatible and should work fine
with moji 0.9.8.

I have tested the dictionaries you have mentioned with moji 0.9.8 and
1.0.0b2 and in all cases チケット showed the expected result "ticket". I
have tested on OSX and XP.

Do you see this problems at all times (reproducible) or only at random
times, i.e. sometimes the same word works correctly and sometimes not?

You could also try the next version 1.0.0b2.
http://www.gvogt.de/moji/moji-1.0.0b2.xpi

I have found no problems with that so far thus I expect this version
to be the final and official 1.0.0. The new version has no changes in
functionality.

Cheers,

Gerald

Oct 8, 2010, 6:22:24 PM10/8/10
to moji
It always shows up as the wrong word, no matter how many times I try
or restart firefox/the computer/re-install moji etc.
But only certain words of course, the rest works correctly.
I have encountered this a few times, another one is 若干 showing up as バラ
エティー.

Thank you, I will try the other version!