Download Rate Exceeded

HyperHacker

Sep 30, 2008, 8:11:45 PM9/30/08
to moji
I just tried to install Moji and the dictionaries (Jpn-Eng word and
Kanji, Japanese names and places) and got a "download error" message
for every one. When I tried to download them manually, all the links
led to a page saying "download rate exceeded." I was able to download
them manually a few minutes later. I suspect the server is getting
upset by Firefox trying to download several files at once, and
temporarily blocking the IP address, which causes installation to fail.

Gerald Vogt

Sep 30, 2008, 9:46:28 PM9/30/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com

It is more complicated. The dictionaries are on mozdev. mozdev uses
several, free mirrors around the world for downloads. For instance, if
you click on the download link for the English moji dictionary

http://downloads.mozdev.org/moji/mojien-0.6.20080306.xpi

you don't actually get the file from the server downloads.mozdev.org.
Instead you are redirected to some mirror server, for instance

http://ftp.rz.tu-bs.de/pub/mirror/mozdev.org/moji/mojien-0.6.20080306.xpi

You got your download from a server which rejected it because the
download rate was exceeded (whatever it may mean exactly) It is usually
enough to wait a few minutes until your browser cleared the redirection
page on downloads.mozdev.org from its cache. It will then choose a
different mirror and it will download without errors.

If a mirror does not work you can contact mozdev. There is a mailing
list. See http://mirrors.mozdev.org/ If the mirror frequently runs into
these problems they may have to remove it from the list.

Gerald