Need beta testers for new moji version 1.0.0

Gerald Vogt

Apr 15, 2010, 10:28:11 AM4/15/10
to moji
Hi all!

I had to make some structural code changes to moji to get it passed on
addons.mozilla.org. Nothing has changed in regard to functionality.
Before officially releasing the new version it would be helpful if a few
people could test this new release.

The new XPIs are available for download from http://www.gvogt.de/moji/

Where available dictionaries use updated edict files from the sources.

Notes:

1. mojide - the German dictionary is a new edict built from wadoku. The
file currently has some issues. You cannot use the new mojide dictionary
on the old moji version 0.9.8 or older!

2. mojide - due to no. 1 moji 1.0.0 shows some entrys as "invalid
dictionary entry" but will otherwise work.

3. You should be able to use all other dictionaries without problems on
either moji 0.9.8 or moji 1.0.0.

4. You must install new dictionaries from the URL above for moji 1.0.0!
If you install moji 1.0.0 for tests you must download dictionary xpis
from the URL above and install them. You must do this even if the
version number of the file downloaded is the same version as the
dictionary installed!

Otherwise, everything should work as it is supposed to. If you find any
problems please let me know! If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

If you have trouble with the new version you should always be able to go
back to moji 0.9.8 from http://moji.mozdev.org/ . Except for mojide you
won't have to install older dictionaries to go with moji 0.9.8.

Thank you very much for your support!

Cheers,

Gerald

Philip Chee

Apr 23, 2010, 7:22:24 AM4/23/10
to Gerald Vogt, mo...@googlegroups.com
On 15 April 2010 22:28, Gerald Vogt <vo...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I had to make some structural code changes to moji to get it passed on
> addons.mozilla.org. Nothing has changed in regard to functionality. Before
> officially releasing the new version it would be helpful if a few people
> could test this new release.
>
> The new XPIs are available for download from http://www.gvogt.de/moji/
>
> Where available dictionaries use updated edict files from the sources.

Hi,

Thunderbird context menu needs a slight change which I forgot to check
in the previous tbmoji patch. See attached diff against the current moji
cvs.

Phil

The homepage of moji is http://moji.mozdev.org/
mojitb-100.patch

Bernat Agullo Rosello

Apr 23, 2010, 10:32:54 AM4/23/10
to mo...@googlegroups.com, Gerald Vogt
in firefox so far no issues
--
Bernat Agullo Rosello
bernat...@gmail.com  637 93 42 76

Gerald Vogt

Apr 26, 2010, 10:37:45 AM4/26/10
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

thanks for the patch. After going through the numerous context menus in
Thunderbird 3 I have decided to split off the XUL for TB3 and later from
the XUL for TB2. tbmoji.xul is now for TB2. tb3moji.xul is not for TB3
and later.

In tb3moji.xul I don't test for the selection using gContextMenu
anymore. Instead I use the code from the main moji library for
determining the selection from the focusedWindow (just as you added in
your patch).

In addition, I change the status of the menuitem directly on the id.
This way it works for the mail content context as well as for the
message compose context.

I have uploaded 1.0.0b2 for further testing:

http://www.gvogt.de/moji/moji-1.0.0b2.xpi

I am now trying to find out if it is easily possible to use moji on the
mail headers...

Gerald