Sparklecon: Free hacker con in SoCal Jan 23-25th

John Norman

Dec 23, 2014, 1:12:20 PM12/23/14
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm not sure who all is still active here, so apologies if I'm spamming everyone

23b Shop in Fullerton is hosting a 3-day hacker conference on
January 23-25th.

http://www.sparklecon.org

So far, we've got a few  speakers lined up, contests, and a
HEBOCON-stye low-budget robot war on Sunday, officiated by Mag Labs.
If you haven't heard of this, go and watch this video now:

http://www.sparklecon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hebocon

It's literally a contest for crappy fighting robots. You could show up
on Friday or Saturday with nothing, make a run to the 99 cent store,
and build something functional enough to compete by Sunday.

There's also going to be:

-Dinner on Friday and Saturday Night (Sponsored by Milton Security,
thanks Milton!)
-PCB badge with a beginner, intro-to-SMT blinky kit and practice area.
The parts were donated by Wurth Elekronik and one of our regular
benefactors. Edsyn is also  bringing down some of their
top-of-the-line SMT gear. There are parts for the first 100 people
that show up,

We're still looking for a few things:

1. Volunteers to help people with lock picking, soldering and contests
2. More speakers. We have spots from 10 minute long to 1+ hour. To get
on the calendar, just send me an e-mail with a short description of
the talk and when you are available.
3 EZ-UPs (in case we get crap weather), extension cords and pwoer strips.

Also, if anyone has a contact at an energy drink, coffee or other
beverage company, I'm looking for one to sponsor some product, like
Redbull has done in the past.

Also, admission to everything is FREE.

Cheers,

Arclight

Ethan Chew

Dec 23, 2014, 3:55:46 PM12/23/14
to mojave...@googlegroups.com

Arclight, good to hear from you again.  This sounds like fun!

How have you and 23b been?

V/r Ethan Chew

Working: space...@gmail.com
Business: shine...@gmail.com