Re: [MhvMkrs] Digest for mojavemakers@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 3 Topics

Douglas Messier

Jan 3, 2013, 7:25:45 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Re: Internet.

Well, that's good to hear. I suggest we talk to High Desert Wireless

On another topic, do you have any idea when the truck will arrive to
pick up all the things you've piled up on the floor of the living
section? Anything more specific than a week or two?

We're going to have another open house on Tuesday, and I'd rather not
have any new potential members who attend see that or the mess in the
electronics lab that was created after all the monitors were removed.

We've spent the last couple of months since you left the board
recruiting new members so we and SSI can keep our commitments to the
airport. A key part of that was organizing the place so it looked nice
to visitors and we could move around without tripping over things
people are storing there. Robert volunteered his time over the
Thanksgiving break building those shelves as his contribution as a new
member to help with that effort.

I really don't understand why this was necessary. Matt managed to move
at least as much stuff out of the space in an afternoon without
creating these types of problems.

Doug

--
Douglas Messier
Mojave, CA

Email: 21stCen...@gmail.com
Phone: (310) 739-0952
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/douglasmessier
Facebook: http://profile.to/douglasmessier/
Blog: www.parabolicarc.com
Twitter: @spacecom

Michael Clive

Jan 3, 2013, 7:41:35 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
1. I am not done yet.
2. Truck shows up Monday
3. Matt had no where near as much stuff

Ian Kluft

Jan 3, 2013, 9:39:12 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
On 01/03/2013 04:41 PM, Michael Clive wrote:
> 1. I am not done yet.
> 2. Truck shows up Monday
> 3. Matt had no where near as much stuff

OK, I think I see the big picture coming together... Some things are
appearing obvious that we need to do.

Clive - Let us know if you need help and, if so, when you want it.

Everyone - I have a feeling that the place will need some work between
Clive's move on Monday and the open house on Tuesday. Let's try to make
the place presentable for visitors once again.

My schedule is limited. I can probably help Monday, and then won't have
a chance to be back before the open house on Tuesday. (That's because
of a day trip to Northern California.) Some members are still out of
town from holiday travel into early next week.

If there isn't enough time to tidy up before the Tuesday open house,
that's just the reality we may have to accept. A volunteer group can
only do what it's members have time for. Then tidying up and possible
rearranging may as well be our agenda during the scheduled open house time.

Michael Clive

Jan 3, 2013, 9:49:03 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for being so kurt.

My boxes as well as the whole machine shop side of the space will be cleared out monday. as yall can see, I already took my hifi (brought it down separate, too expensive to trust movers with it). The orange couches are going as well. Stove is going as well. I am gonna leave the ikea tables as a donation.

I will be back through sunday to continue packing up stuff in the space.

For internet, I say yall should look into the race communications fiber line.

Perry Chamberlain

Jan 3, 2013, 11:11:59 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Is my trailer still in there?
:-)

Sent from my iPad

Michael Clive

Jan 3, 2013, 11:20:25 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
you bet!

Ian Kluft

Jan 3, 2013, 11:50:03 PM1/3/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
On 01/03/2013 06:49 PM, Michael Clive wrote:
> Sorry for being so kurt.
>
> My boxes as well as the whole machine shop side of the space will be
> cleared out monday. as yall can see, I already took my hifi (brought
> it down separate, too expensive to trust movers with it). The orange
> couches are going as well. Stove is going as well. I am gonna leave
> the ikea tables as a donation.

Please be more precise when you're telling the movers what to take. Doug
W, Andrew, Robert, Perry and others have stuff in the machine shop side
of the space too. So it won't be "cleared out".

Michael Clive

Jan 4, 2013, 12:02:11 AM1/4/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
I will be there to ensure only my stuff is to be taken, I am aware of what is mine and not mine.

Ian Kluft

Jan 8, 2013, 10:26:26 AM1/8/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
On 01/03/2013 06:39 PM, Ian Kluft wrote:
> Everyone - I have a feeling that the place will need some work between
> Clive's move on Monday and the open house on Tuesday. Let's try to
> make the place presentable for visitors once again.
>
> My schedule is limited. I can probably help Monday, and then won't
> have a chance to be back before the open house on Tuesday. (That's
> because of a day trip to Northern California.) Some members are still
> out of town from holiday travel into early next week.
>
> If there isn't enough time to tidy up before the Tuesday open house,
> that's just the reality we may have to accept. A volunteer group can
> only do what it's members have time for. Then tidying up and possible
> rearranging may as well be our agenda during the scheduled open house
> time.

I stopped by the shop after work Monday. I moved the 2 remaining
couches and 3 sets of 1st class airline seats into what once again looks
like a social area around the TV. It should be presentable for visitors.

For the potential new members who were asking how they'd find space for
their projects, there's room now. :-) Join and bring your projects over!

I'll try to get to the gathering this evening. But it depends if
everything is done in time today.

Perry Chamberlain

Jan 8, 2013, 12:58:15 PM1/8/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.
I may not be able to get out to the m space to night.
My project is still running into excellerated over time, and I am fighting a bout of exhaustion, having worked straight thru the holidays, seven days a week, 12hrs a day. Just xmas and new years day off.

Is there a posibility that the local members could unload the switch gear off the trailer, into the spot that ethan picked out over by the electric car?
The fork lift is available from the airport. Its just a matter of lifting it off, on to 4x4 posts and standing it up with either a chain, straps or rope, by the lifting hooks, when it is stood up.

I am going to need to retreive my trailer soon, but I only have access on open house night
On tuesdays.

Thnx
Hope I can make it there tonight to see everyone.

Respectfully

Perry Chamberlain

661-317-1078

Perry Chamberlain

Jan 8, 2013, 4:40:16 PM1/8/13
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Amazingly enough, I am goimg to be able to finish work  early today. Will anybody be around the space before 5:30pm tonight.
We may be able to get that switch gear off the trailer and stood up against the wall.
If any one is available, please call my cell phone at 661-317-1078.
I will go by the airport office and see if we can get the fork lift.
I may be able to get up to mojave around 2:30 to 3pm

Perry

Brandon Barney

Mar 25, 2019, 12:19:57 PM3/25/19
to mojave...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Makers...

A Japanese Lab made a knot tying robot.  https://youtu.be/5SKxoi1kxCg

Do you know anyone who could replicate it?