Re: Teotonio de Souza's Memorial Today 5 pm Moira Church

augusto pinto

Feb 20, 2020, 6:09:24 AM2/20/20
to moira-net, Elvira Correia de Souza, Leroy Veloso, gilesg...@gmail.com, David de Souza, Fr. Anthony da Silva, V M, Cecil Pinto, Nazar da Silva, Jeffrey Paschal DSouza, Lynette Goes

On Thu, 20 Feb, 2020, 2:18 PM augusto pinto, <pint...@gmail.com> wrote:
Today is the requiem mass of arguably the most illustrious person to have emerged from Moira, Dr. Teotonio de Souza Ph. D.

He was founder Director of the Xavier Centre for Historical Research and later a professor at a prominent Portuguese University. He was the writer of many books and articles. His 'A Peep into the Past' article about Moira is a definitive document about the village.

His wife Elvira also a ganvkar of Moira will be coming to place the ashes of her husband in the de Souza family niche in the Moira graveyard.

I attach the invitation to the requiem mass.

I think that anyone associated with Moira should come to honour the soul of one its most illustrious sons.

Please pass this on to anyone associated with Moira.

Augusto

augusto pinto

Feb 20, 2020, 6:09:24 AM2/20/20
to moira-net, Elvira Correia de Souza, Leroy Veloso, gilesg...@gmail.com, David de Souza, Fr. Anthony da Silva, V M, Cecil Pinto, Nazar da Silva, Jeffrey Paschal DSouza, Lynette Goes
IMG_20200220_140157.jpg

Sr. Margaret Correa

Feb 21, 2020, 1:50:42 AM2/21/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for informing me. I prayed for his soul.
I want  a copy of the 100 years Souvenir please

Sr. Margaret Correa

Antonio Pais

Feb 21, 2020, 5:56:28 AM2/21/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Dear Agusto,

Can you kindly let me know where will I get the copy of the 100 years souvenir of the moira club and where it is available ?

Best regards

Antonio Paes

--
Sent from my iPhone

Leroy Veloso

Feb 21, 2020, 10:06:05 AM2/21/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I too am upset about the whole charade. But i decided to wait a few days b4 i air my two bits on the souvenir saga release, as i did not want emotion to colour my take.

I commend Augustoand his team for taking a lot of trouble even at the cost of his personal health. I finally managed to see the hard copy , I would say there is no book/ souvenir which has articles by various writers, most books on village are written by an individual or co- authored. The articles are excellent.

During the month and half he was toiling to put the souvenir together, i have recieved msgs that showed that he was awake at 4 am!

On the day of the release guests like the widow of Late Ar. Charles Correa waited in vain for at least a couple of hour for a copy to no avail, even Late Dr Teotonio's wife did not recieve a copy even many days later .

At the launch, I think the decent/smart thing to do was to make an announcement that the copies would be made available at a later date.

But i guess decency is something too much to expect from so many, probably there was resentment that so many " non - gaunkars" did such a great job! including Dr Giles Gomez and David de Souza.

I am ashamed of the treatment meted out by so many on the above mentioned trio.

Too many people have blood on their hands...

Best Regards....

leroy

Leroy Mario Veloso
Email : leroy...@yahoo.com
Mob: 9881333927/ 8999711709

Leroy Mario Veloso
Email : leroy...@yahoo.com
Mob: 9881333927/ 8999711709

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 12:20:44 PM GMT+5:30, Sr. Margaret Correa <mmarg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for informing me. I prayed for his soul.
I want  a copy of the 100 years Souvenir please

Sr.Margaret Correa

Arup Sen

Feb 21, 2020, 10:06:05 AM2/21/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
I too would love to buy a copy, any pointers will be deeply appreciated.

Best, Arup

Cecil Pinto

Feb 22, 2020, 3:56:43 AM2/22/20
to Moira-Net
Leroy maybe it is a well planned marketing gimmick.

There is so much interest generated in the Souvenir, now with this controversy, that people will willingly pay Rs. 850/- for a copy. Copies will be bought, traded and become true collectors' items. The Club will gain from funds and attention. Everyone will go home happy.

Cheers!

Cecil
===============

Frederick Noronha

Feb 22, 2020, 4:04:20 AM2/22/20
to Moira-Net
Guys, have patience and try to sort out this issue. History will remember us for what we have done, not what we have not done.

Fears of "defamation" can block us from publishing anything. But once people understand our intentions they will often be understanding.

You might lose a good thing. Even if there is something u disagree with, it is always possible to discuss this issue in more detail later.

Really hoping all works out for the best

FN

--

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/

augusto pinto

Feb 22, 2020, 5:49:58 AM2/22/20
to moira-net, goa-bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Cecil,

It was no marketing gimmick although it seems to be working like one.

What did happen was that people began to spread a rumour that I have written something defamatory: some accounts mention Peter Carmello's name; others Dr. Joaquim Veloso; others said Joseph Teacher and so on.

That's why I decided to throw the souvenir articles into the public domain so that those who want to can read and check for themselves whether I've defamed anybody or not.

And while it's true that that I've been pretty hard hitting towards the end of my Ten Decades article about the club regarding the ganvkars of Moira who may dislike this, I know more than enough about the laws related to defamation to know that I have committed no criminal or even any civil offence.

Least of all to Peter Carmello, Dr. Joaquim Veloso or Joseph Teacher all of whom get glowing praise from me.

As regards your other contention regarding it being a marketing trick it wasn't meant to be so but I was just trying to cover myself. However I must say that the number of requests that I've been getting for multiple copies of the souvenir have been overwhelming.

Unfortunately I can do nothing regarding this and the right person to approach would be Mr. Oswald Cordeiro, President of the club and Acting Sarpanch of Moira who incidentally isn't himself a ganvkar but a morador of Moira.

His email id if you want a copy or copies of the souvenir is oswald....@yahoo.com
Best
Augusto

Leroy Veloso

Feb 22, 2020, 7:42:51 AM2/22/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Well , well , the word Morador seems to have gained cadence. That is exactly the reason I included it in my article!

This is to have succeeded..

Leroy Veloso

Feb 22, 2020, 7:42:52 AM2/22/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cecil,

At Rs 850, I would not be to buy a copy!

Best regards,
leroy

Alice Gouveia

Feb 23, 2020, 8:57:39 AM2/23/20
to moir...@googlegroups.com
Thks Rico, please bring the Souvenir Issue, am keep on having one as my roots are in Moirá.
Best regards.
Alice

Enviado do meu iPad  Alice