[ANNOUNCE] MogileFS-Server 2.73, MogileFS-Utils 2.30

Eric Wong

Jan 21, 2018, 7:02:33 PM1/21/18
to mog...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, dormando pushed out MogileFS-Server 2.73 and -Utils 2.30
the other day, below are some relevant links and changes:

https://metacpan.org/release/MogileFS-Server

* fsck: avoid infinite wait on dead devices
* client: always disable watch_read after a command
* client: use single write for admin commands
* tracker: client fairness, backpressure, and expiry
* client connection should always be nonblocking
* ConnectionPool: avoid undefined behavior for hash iteration
* replicate: avoid buffered IO on reads
* enable DB upgrade for host readonly state
* replicate: reduce backoff for too_happy FIDs
* fsck: this avoid redundant fsck log entries
* fsck: do not log FOND if note_on_device croaks
* reaper: detect resurrection of "dead" devices

https://metacpan.org/release/MogileFS-Utils

* mogadm: document "readonly" state for hosts

dormando does not have permissions for MogileFS-Network, and he
doesn't have the ability to grant me uploader permissions, yet,
either, so I guess we're waiting on Brad for that.

okwap

Jan 24, 2018, 8:38:41 AM1/24/18
to mogile
It seems that hachi has the permission.

Another idea, how about merging Mogilefs-Network into Mogilefs-Server? In my opinion, zone should be a basic and required feature for modern DFSs.

Eric Wong

Jan 24, 2018, 1:19:26 PM1/24/18
to mog...@googlegroups.com
okwap <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that hachi has the permission.
>
> Another idea, how about merging Mogilefs-Network into Mogilefs-Server? In
> my opinion, zone should be a basic and required feature for modern DFSs.

I'd be fine with it; but I seem to remember moving modules to
different packages in CPAN also requires special permissions.

okwap

Jan 26, 2018, 2:16:00 AM1/26/18
to mogile
How about copy files manually? There are just four .pm files in Mogilefs-Network. After that, we can simply maintain code in  Mogilefs-Server and MogileFS-Network is deprecated.

Eric Wong

Jan 27, 2018, 6:58:15 PM1/27/18
to mog...@googlegroups.com
okwap <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about copy files manually? There are just four .pm files in
> Mogilefs-Network. After that, we can simply maintain code in
> Mogilefs-Server and MogileFS-Network is deprecated.

I was under the impression that's the exact thing CPAN restricts:
"MogileFS::Network" existing in multiple CPAN packages.
(this is second hand info, though)

dormando

Jan 27, 2018, 9:21:58 PM1/27/18
to mog...@googlegroups.com
Correct. Permissions are for the namespace, not files you have within a
tarball. It's not a big deal though, it'll be resolved soon and that file
doesn't change much anyway.

okwap

Oct 18, 2019, 11:16:11 PM10/18/19
to mogile
Any updates about MogileFS-Network?
I see two commits from Eric since v0.0.6

Eric Wong

Oct 28, 2019, 4:26:26 AM10/28/19
to mog...@googlegroups.com
okwap <peter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any updates about MogileFS-Network?

Guess not :/

Fwiw, I haven't used MogileFS::Network in a few years, now;
but AFAIK my patches worked fine until I didn't need it anymore.

I still use MogileFS w/ SQLite on a daily basis :>

> I see two commits from Eric since v0.0.6
> https://github.com/mogilefs/MogileFS-Network/pull/3/commits

Yeah, it's fine that you make a pull request using my commits.
I don't care about taking credit, even. But also at
https://bogomips.org/MogileFS-Network.git for redundancy.

Note: I don't and won't ever have any social media presence
like GH, or a homepage.