Mogile storage migration

Vinod Chandran

Aug 25, 2022, 5:27:15 AM8/25/22
to mogile
Hi

We are planning to move our mogile infrastructure to new datacenter , we have 3 trackers , two db servers and 4 storage nodes , if we have to change the IP of storage nodes what will be the easiest method to update the db which tables to consider ?

Thanks & regards
   Vinod Chandran

Eric Wong

Aug 28, 2022, 8:30:13 PM8/28/22
to mog...@googlegroups.com
Vinod Chandran <vinodch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are planning to move our mogile infrastructure to new datacenter , we
> have 3 trackers , two db servers and 4 storage nodes , if we have to change
> the IP of storage nodes what will be the easiest method to update the db
> which tables to consider ?

IIRC, the supported way is to:

mogadm host modify $HOSTNAME --ip=$NEW_ADDRESS

I haven't made such changes in a decade, but there shouldn't be
any need to alter the DB directly.

Vinod Chandran

Oct 4, 2022, 9:32:53 AM10/4/22
to mogile