Maintenance

Arkadi Colson

May 31, 2021, 3:11:38 AM5/31/21
to mog...@googlegroups.com

Hi

We are currently using MogileFS with the network plugin and datacenter awareness and save files 4 times with a replication policy to keep files 2 times on each datacenter. Due to a physical move of the machines in one DC all the mogstore hosts for the DC will be down for 1 or 2 days. We are running 3 trackers on each DC as well and the MogileFS database will stay on the live DC.  In what way will MogileFS handle this? Will it keep the missing DC replications in queue? Do I have to run a fsck afterwards? ...

Best regards
Arkadi

Eric Wong

May 31, 2021, 4:39:38 PM5/31/21
to mog...@googlegroups.com
The file_to_replicate queue doesn't know nor need to know about
networks or even hosts/IP addresses. As long as there's a copy
accessible, the queue should be good and catch up.

It's almost always a good idea to run fsck after making major
changes. checksums are expensive for fsck, so I usually
do "mogadm settings set fsck_checksum off" for a first pass
and re-enable checksums for less-frequent ops.