Shut The Box game published on Windows 8 using Mogade

Eric Lyons

Oct 5, 2012, 5:52:34 PM10/5/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've published by first Windows 8 game using Mogade.  I've used it for Windows Phone and now Windows 8.  Mogade is great.  Thanks again.

Eric

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 2:00:31 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I have checked out your game!!  It's pretty cool!

Was it hard to get Mogade running on windows 8? i've been trying to no sucess. Is there an example code you can post for win8?

Eric Lyons

Nov 2, 2012, 2:14:22 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Tishawn,

My current app in the app store actually uses a very early build of a port of the windows phone 7 code.  There is a newer version located here https://github.com/mogade/mogade-winrt.  Just grab the code and compile it.  Using it is the same as using it for windows phone.  So any of those examples are good to follow.  If you have a specific problem please let me know and I will try to help.

Eric

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 2:18:39 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com

Eric thank you very much for your response I have created the dll files will try to implement and get back to you. I also following my previous Windows Phone game mogade implantation. I cant seem to find the IMogadeClient class.

Eric Lyons

Nov 2, 2012, 2:24:43 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
There are 2 projects in that solution that you need to download and compile.  The IMogadeClient is in the Mogade.WindowsMetro project.

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 2:40:44 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I feel stupid i didnt see that!! Thank you very much!! That did it! I see there's no more MogadeHelper.CreateInstance()..

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 2:44:33 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I figured out the Create Instance - I notice it's asking for a Windows Storage Folder any idea?

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 3:02:59 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
No worries I figured it out!! I appreciate your help!! Not as bad as I thought!!

Eric Lyons

Nov 2, 2012, 3:04:02 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Tishawn,

Sorry, but I'm not sure off hand.  The version that I used didn't have that.  I would have to look that up.  If you figure it out please post it.

Thanks,

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 3:20:00 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
No problem I am confirming i'm able to save score to the leader board. Once I'm done i'll post a quick tutorial!

Thank you very much!

Tishawn Fahie

Nov 2, 2012, 3:51:33 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm it's working.. Since you cant really create a new game in mogade I'm using a leader board I've created but never used since the team I was with broke apart.

Should I post tutorial here or create new discussion?

Eric Lyons

Nov 2, 2012, 3:55:07 PM11/2/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Probably a new discussion would be best.

Eric