Achievements

ITmind

May 15, 2012, 10:38:45 PM5/15/12
to mogade-dev
How to work with achievements? (save achievement)

Karl Seguin

May 16, 2012, 8:56:12 AM5/16/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if you have a specific question, but you essentially create achievements online (at mogade.com), which will generate achievement ids.

Then, in the game, when an achievement is earned (which is completely up to you to determine), you call:

AchievementEarned(ACHIEVEMENT_ID, "USERNAME", callback);

You can use

GetEarnedAchievements("USERNAME", callback);

to see what the user has already earned.

There isn't much more than this. I always wanted to expand the feature...display achievements on websites...and let people compete or rank based on achievements, but meh, never got to it.

Karl

Eric Lyons

May 17, 2012, 11:32:07 AM5/17/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I don't actually use the achievements api, only the leaderboards.  I have a local list of achievements that I value as 1 point each.  I then have a leaderboard defined for my achievements so that I can see the ranks for achievements similar to what Karl mentioned.  As part of the leaderboard score data, I send which achievements the user actually have in a string value of zero's and one's.  You can see this in action in my free game called shut the box.   http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/1845cc67-dc66-457a-8d10-417813ed3c93

Eric

Ramassa

Jun 11, 2012, 4:02:23 PM6/11/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys! :)

I am using this topic to expose a doubt that i have.

I am developing a game and I am using this to get the achievments for the UserName

 mogadeDriver.GetEarnedAchievements(UserName, "uid", achv =>
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Get Achvs Earnerd - Sucess " + achv.Success);
                    Console.WriteLine("Achievments" + achv.Data);
                });

My problem is: I don't know how to treat the result array!

Does anyone knows?

PS: I am sorry about the english :/

Karl Seguin

Jun 11, 2012, 8:21:39 PM6/11/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
It just returns a list of the achievement Ids that the user has earned. These map to the acheivement ids you get when you create them in the system. It also maps to the achievement ids you get when you call GetAchievements to get all of the available achievements. You have to cross reference them yourself.

Karl