dll for Win8?

Suzanne

Oct 8, 2012, 9:10:33 PM10/8/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Is there a dll for Win8 available?

Eric Lyons

Oct 16, 2012, 2:29:46 PM10/16/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
There is a WinRT version located here https://github.com/mogade/mogade-winrt.  I also created an Async and Await version of that code that has only been tested slightly.  If you would like that version please let me know and I can email it to you.

Eric Lyons

Suzanne

Oct 17, 2012, 12:16:40 AM10/17/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
thanks very much! I've got it working, and it saved me a bunch of time.

One quick question -- I noticed the usernames (all fields in the payload, actually) are converted to lowercase before submitting to Mogade. What's the reason for this?

Again, thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

  -- Suzanne

Eric Lyons

Oct 19, 2012, 9:33:37 AM10/19/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Suzanne,

I'm not sure why.  I don't remember that in the Windows phone version.

Eric

Pinky2012

Nov 18, 2012, 10:54:01 AM11/18/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I would be very interested in the Async version of the library. Do you have it available on github?

Rgds. Robin

Eric Lyons

Nov 19, 2012, 9:18:46 AM11/19/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Robin,

I just noticed the other day that there was an update to the Winrt code.  I will try to get the async stuff in the latest winrt code today.  I don't currently have it on Github.  I'm not too familiar with Github but maybe a can figure out how to branch the code to get the changes in there.  I will post again when I have the async code completed.

Eric

Eric Lyons

Nov 19, 2012, 3:33:10 PM11/19/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Ok, This is my first attempt at using GitHub so please bare with me. I think I managed to fork this project into my Github.  Here's another disclaimer : I've only tested this with my project which doesn't use all of the api.  So use at your own risk.  I've converted all of the api to be tasks based so that they can be awaitable.

Here's an example of using it.

var r = await MogadeHelper.Mogade.GetLeaderboardAsync(MyLeaderboardId, scope, 1, 50);
if (r.Success)
{
  // update gui.  no need for a dispatch or anything.
}

The new async api is in addition to the exiting api.  So you can convert some parts as need or just use the async for new stuff.  However you want to do it.  If you want to convert all of you code, there is a new compile directive called ONLYASYNC that will remove all of the old callback api.  That way the compiler will catch all the errors and make it easy for you to track down what you want to convert.

Thanks,

Eric

Pinky2012

Nov 23, 2012, 4:14:29 AM11/23/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'm going to see if I can get it to work for my (C++) project as well.