Alternatives to Mogade

sdoty

Oct 29, 2012, 12:43:24 AM10/29/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I really wish I had created more game boards :/ I just got Mogade's leaderboard on my app up and running, and now I have to look for an alternative.

Karl, this was a wonderful leaderboard. I'm sorry to see it in its current state, but I was wondering if there are alternatives you can suggest instead.

Sincerely,

Shaun

Roger Braun

Nov 5, 2012, 5:36:15 PM11/5/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, October 29, 2012 5:43:24 AM UTC+1, sdoty wrote:
I really wish I had created more game boards :/ I just got Mogade's leaderboard on my app up and running, and now I have to look for an alternative.

You could run an instance of Mogade on your own server. The code is open source.

Karl, this was a wonderful leaderboard. I'm sorry to see it in its current state, but I was wondering if there are alternatives you can suggest instead.

I'm also sad to see it go. As for alternatives, there is https://playtomic.com/, which I can say nothing about but which seems nice, http://scoreoid.com, which has a horrible API (really, really strange), but great people that will react very quickly to your questions. Another one is https://www.flox.cc/, a promising newcomer.

Bil Simser

Nov 5, 2012, 6:37:08 PM11/5/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I know Karl has shut down new games with Mogade and ceased development but being open source are there any objections to forking the system, setting it up on a new server, and running it again? I think it's a great service and was sad to see it shut down so rather than flocking to some new system, why not breathe some new life into Mogade?

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:36:15 -0800
From: ro...@rogerbraun.net
To: moga...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Alternatives to Mogade

Karl Seguin

Nov 7, 2012, 8:05:12 AM11/7/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
I certainly have no problem with it. But, to set expectations, the main development focus was to get it up and running for me...it's open source, but it isn't fork and run like, say, wordpress might be. I'm happy to answer any questions or help out a bit though.

On a related note, I often said that if I was to do it again, I'd exclusively used Redis instead of MongoDB + Redis.

Artur Krystek

Nov 7, 2012, 2:52:37 PM11/7/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
the most advancede and existing since begginign of iphones is scoreloops. recently added sdk for WP

Pinky2012

Nov 11, 2012, 4:46:30 PM11/11/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Is there an overview somewhere on how to install a Mogade server from the github sources (main steps and dependencies)?

Karl Seguin

Nov 12, 2012, 10:21:24 AM11/12/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Been a while since I did it fresh, but a bundle install  followed by a cp config/settings.sample.yml config/settings.yml  is a good place to start ... (I realize that likely isn't close to what you were looking for..)

Karl

Pinky2012

Nov 17, 2012, 6:42:43 AM11/17/12
to moga...@googlegroups.com
Indeed not entirely ;-) But I'm very much determined to get it to work so it's a start and a nice incentive to get to learn Ruby/Rails.

Rgds. Robin