Test Errors

Scott Jungling

Jan 25, 2007, 6:16:04 PM1/25/07
to mofo
I tried running the tests bundled with the plugin and I got this error:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- uformats/hcard
(LoadError)
from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
from tests/speed_test.rb:253

I was getting a similar gem_original_require error when just using the
gem and running the tests bundled with that.

Any ideas as to why this is failing?

It also looks like the plugin has a test directory called 'tests' which
isn't picked up by the 'rake test:plugins' task which just looks for
/vendor/plugins/*/test/

Chris Wanstrath

Jan 25, 2007, 8:11:39 PM1/25/07
to mof...@googlegroups.com
On 1/25/07, Scott Jungling <scott.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried running the tests bundled with the plugin and I got this error:

Man, this is the second time today someone pointed out I've been
committing to the wrong repository. I guess that's what happens when
you get a new computer and a new server.

Anyway, try this again:

$ ./script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mofo/trunk

OR use the 0.1.2 tag:

svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mofo/tags/REL_0_1_2

Tests should run cleanly and use the correct directory. Thanks.

--
Chris Wanstrath
http://errtheblog.com

Scott Jungling

Jan 26, 2007, 3:11:36 AM1/26/07
to mofo
I'm still getting the following when running any of the tests:
./lib/microformat.rb:55:in `method_missing': protected method
`inherited' called for Microformat:Class (NoMethodError)

As the risk of sounding like someone who didn't RTFM , what are the
recommend versions of Rails/Ruby, etc?

Chris Wanstrath

Jan 26, 2007, 1:07:44 PM1/26/07
to mof...@googlegroups.com
On 1/26/07, Scott Jungling <scott.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As the risk of sounding like someone who didn't RTFM , what are the
> recommend versions of Rails/Ruby, etc?

It should, ideally, work for any modern version of Ruby / Rails. We
previously ran mofo on Rails 1.1.6 but are now using it on 1.2.1.

Here are my version infos: http://pastie.caboo.se/35872

Let me know yours, if this is a version thing I'd like to get it fixed.

- Chris

Scott Jungling

Jan 26, 2007, 1:30:34 PM1/26/07
to mofo
http://pastie.caboo.se/private/1lrlhnys7bnh8s8pve

Hopefully that link will work. I didn't want to burden the rest of
pastie with that info =)
The only thing I can see being dramatically different is the version of
Ruby.

Chris Wanstrath

Jan 26, 2007, 8:08:30 PM1/26/07
to mof...@googlegroups.com
What happens when you run `rake test` in the plugin directory? Same
thing, I imagine.

I guess it doesn't work with 1.8.2. If you can fix it and send a
patch that'd be great, but I don't have 1.8.2 anywhere.

Scott Jungling

Jan 26, 2007, 10:32:00 PM1/26/07
to mofo
Tried rake test in the plugin directory. Pretty much the same error it
appears. I'll dig around on Monday and see if I can't figure out a way
to get it to work. I'll definitely submit a patch if I can figure out
how to get it to work with 1.8.2.

Thanks!

Scott