Reaction forces

Assigned to inz.karol...@gmail.com by lik...@wp.pl

daniele.barbera86

Oct 4, 2021, 10:36:22 AM10/4/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Dear all,

I would like to discuss a bit about the reaction forces that we get from MoFEM. Most of the time I used to calculate the reaction force over a surface, with in mind the idea that I was obtaining a resultant of all the reaction over it. However, in a recent work I am trying to replicating reaction forces are presented from a single node, or point on the geometry. How this change the way of calculating reactions?

Thank you all

Karol Lewandowski

Oct 4, 2021, 10:45:26 AM10/4/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Have you tried creating a block that has only 1 node? I think it should work.
If not, I suggest looking at how a particular module is reading the entities for reaction meshsets and add vertices there as well.

daniele.barbera86

Oct 4, 2021, 11:25:18 AM10/4/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Yes I am testing it, by creating a BLOCKSET in cubit and picking the "Node". The rest is the same as before, so the BLOCKSET name is "REACTION". Actually the reaction forces in terminal looks really good!

I also noted that in Multi-field module, we have reactions as well in the VTK file. I remember you told me to do not look at them. It still true? If they are not useful could we only output when we are for example debugging?

Thanks for the hint, maybe we cannot complete the analysis for now but the reactions are matching as well as the plastic strains.

Karol Lewandowski

Oct 5, 2021, 5:20:24 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Well done. Yes, all these options can be implemented easily.