Cubit Meshing

ciaradunlop97

Dec 22, 2018, 5:24:44 PM12/22/18
to mofem Group
Hi,

I have run my analysis for the structured mapped mesh shown in the attached image, and just need to do the same for finer meshes. How do I refine this mesh or recreate it with smaller elements? I'm not sure what Karol did to create the mesh for me in the first place and have tried to recreate it using the map meshing scheme however it created square elements for me rather than triangles.

Kind Regards,
Ciara

Cube_Cantilever_mapped_mesh.png

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Dec 22, 2018, 5:38:14 PM12/22/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

You need to create hex mesh, see a cubit tutorial and then convert it to tetrahedral mesh. To covert mesh, you run the following command in journal file or cubit command line

HTet Volume all

Kind regards,
Lukasz

ciaradunlop97