free vertices, cubit

marcus.stephan.schulze

Mar 2, 2019, 5:45:39 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
Hi,

There seems to be a problem meshing my cubit model, I had to create free vertices on the volume to apply a set of loadings from the roof beams, and Im guessing these free vertices not being connected to the volume is the reason for the error. Is there a way I can connect the vertices to the volume?

Kind Regards,

Marcus

I've attached the error image and the cubit file
Screenshot from 2019-03-02 10-44-03.png
cantilever_2.jou

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Mar 2, 2019, 6:01:24 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
Hey,

You have to been using your old laptop. All is ok with your model, it is not enough memory on it. I have a solution, but the result file is 29 MB, and have to find a way to send it to you. I have slow internet at the moment.

Regards,
Lukasz

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Mar 2, 2019, 6:07:15 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
Ok, you should shortly receive email, on your university account, with a link to zipped VTK file with the results.

Kind regards,
Lukasz

marcus.stephan.schulze

Mar 2, 2019, 6:14:16 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
Thank you Lukasz,

Kind Regards,

Marcus

marcus.stephan.schulze

Mar 2, 2019, 10:24:45 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
Hi Lukasz,

How can I connect surfaces I created to the main volume so I can mesh it? Its not letting me mesh the volume as a result of the surfaces.

Kind Regards,

Marcus

Here is the journal script:

reset
set duplicate block elements on
brick x 8 y 16 z 8
brick x 7.5 y 16 z 7.5

subtract volume 2 from volume 1

block 1 volume 1
block 1 name "MAT_ELASTIC"
block 1 attribute count 2
block 1 attribute index 1 35600000
block 1 attribute index 2 0.17

block 2 volume 1
block 2 name "BODY_FORCES"
block 2 attribute count 4
block 2 attribute index 1 24
block 2 attribute index 2 0
block 2 attribute index 3 -9.8
block 2 attribute index 4 0

create vertex on curve 3 distance 0 from start color blue
create vertex on curve 3 distance 0.25 from start color
create vertex on curve 1 distance 0 from end color blue
create vertex on curve 1 distance 0.25 from end color blue
create curve vertex 26 28 vertex
create curve vertex 2 28 vertex
create curve vertex 26 25 vertex
create curve vertex 27 28 vertex
create curve vertex 25 27 vertex
create surface curve 41 40 37 39
create surface rectangle width 8 height 0.25 zplane
move surface 20 x 0 y 4 z 4 include_merged
merge surface 19 with surface 1
merge surface 20 with surface 1
create displacement on surface 17 dof all fix
create force on surface 19 force value 4180 direction z
create force on surface 20 force value 4180 direction nz

volume all scheme Tetmesh
volume all size auto factor 5
mesh volume all

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Mar 2, 2019, 11:06:06 AM3/2/19
to mofem Group
You have to imprint surfaces on the volume mesh.

See fix:

imprint volume 4 3 1
delete Body 3
delete Volume 4