How to download Moab

christophe.chalons

Jun 5, 2018, 7:28:10 AM6/5/18
to mofem Group
Hi all,

How to download moab when server is down ?

Regards,
Christophe.

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Jun 5, 2018, 7:33:06 AM6/5/18
to mofem Group
Why you think that server is down? What server?

christophe.chalons

Jun 5, 2018, 7:39:48 AM6/5/18
to mofem Group
Error during download/extract/detection of MOAB:
Git prerequisite check failed for url: git://https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/moab.git
Git prerequisite check failed for url: git://https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/moab.git
Unable to download package MOAB from: ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-5.0.0.tar.gz
* If URL specified manually - perhaps there is a typo?
* If your network is disconnected - please reconnect and rerun ./configure
* Or perhaps you have a firewall blocking the download
* You can run with --with-packages-dir=/adirectory and ./configure will instruct you what packages to download manually
* or you can download the above URL manually, to /yourselectedlocation/moab-5.0.0.tar.gz
  and use the configure option:
  --download-moab=/yourselectedlocation/moab-5.0.0.tar.gz

It gives me this message when it is trying ton download data and I cannot open the URL manually.

christophe.chalons

Jun 5, 2018, 7:43:37 AM6/5/18
to mofem Group
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-5.0.0.tar.gz this link is not working without VPN or Ethernet connection. And I don't have adaptor.

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Jun 5, 2018, 10:24:17 AM6/5/18
to mofem Group

This is the solution.

Download that file using the browser and give the path to the file when you are configuring petsc.
./configure --download-moab=$PATH_TO_MOAB/moab-5.0.0.tar.gz ...

Regards,
Lukasz