Doxygen - make: Nothing to be done for `doc'.

Hoang Nguyen

Sep 21, 2018, 7:27:57 AM9/21/18
to mofem Group
Hi,

I'm compiling Doxygen (v1.8.14) to generate documentations locally for MoFEM which has been installed using spack.

At the directory
~/mofem_install/lib

this command is executed
make doc

then only following message appeared
make: Nothing to be done for `doc'.

Can anyone help in this case please?

Thank you.

Regards,
Hoang

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Sep 21, 2018, 8:36:58 AM9/21/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

If you do
cat CMakeCache.txt | grep doxygen
you should see
DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/local/bin/doxygenor any other path to doxygen.
or any other path to doxygen. If you have nothing, it means that mofem does not see doxygen in your system. That could be case If you installed doxygen after installation of mofem, mofem does not know that doxygen has been installed.

To fix this;

1)

You have to check if you can access doxygen from command line. You can load doxygen, by doing
spak load doxygen
Chceck if your doxygen is installed with the graphviz.

I using doxygen from homebrew, installed as following
brew install --with-graphviz doxygen

2)
You have to rebuild cmake configuration, by rerunning for core library
./spconfig $PATH_TO_YOUR_SORCE

Kind regards,
Lukasz