Bundling json files with usermodule

Assigned to inz.karol...@gmail.com by lik...@wp.pl

Preslav Aleksandrov

Oct 5, 2021, 4:59:46 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A
I want to return a json file from a cpp.
Originally I wanted to return a string in the command line with the json info, but i will be easier if I just return the path to a json file. Is it possible to bundle this json file with a user module and if a new version is released how can this be updated?

Karol Lewandowski

Oct 5, 2021, 5:23:10 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A

So this JSON file would be produced automatically? But do you also want to include it in the repository?

Preslav Aleksandrov

Oct 5, 2021, 5:46:02 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Not produced automatically.

Ideally the json file will be made by the creator of each um and added to the freecad_interface repo.

Or better it would be part of their own repo.

Karol Lewandowski

Oct 5, 2021, 5:49:15 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A
This is what I was advocating for, every module that wants to be compatible with FreeCAD will have to provide an appropriate JSON file.

Preslav Aleksandrov

Oct 5, 2021, 5:58:30 AM10/5/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Yep, that will be an ideal world. For now it's only your module planned so it can be a reality! :D